Bobath Related Sites
Useful starting points to find additional information
PubMed * - public Medline - research papers - cerebral palsy
Merck Manual - diagnosis and therapy - cerebral palsy syndromes
Physio Discussion List - physiotherapy discussion forum
Journal Search via BMJ - medical journal search
Encyclopaedia Britannica * - encyclopaedia - cerebral palsy
On-Line Medical Dictionary - (from CancerWEB )
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke - cerebral palsy fact sheet
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke - stroke fact sheet
MGH Neurology - many neurology based forums and chat rooms, and more...
BOBATH / NDT
- Cerebral Palsy Compensation Claims Advice on UK cerebral palsy compensation claims from specialist medical
negligence solicitors using the Legal Aid scheme
- About Cerebral Palsy Provides useful information on cerebral palsy disease. Users may also contact
doctors and ask questions about the disease. Really useful content.
- Living with Cerebral Palsy This community is for people with Cerebral Palsy who want to share there
experiences with others. I setup this group as I want to chat with other
people who are in the same and or similar situation as myself and share
my experiences with others.
- Cerebral Palsy - a multimedia tutorial Provides information about types, causes, therapy and growing up with CP.
From the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Children's Medical
- American Academy of Cerebral Palsy & Developmental Medicine (AACPDM)
International, interdisciplinary professional group providing informational
resources for the patient, parent or professional in areas of neuromuscular
- CPABC The Cerebral Palsy Association of British Columbia (CPABC) is an independent,
not-for-profit Association led by a Volunteer Board of Directors.
- Cerebral Palsy New Zealand Cerebral Palsy Society of New Zealand Inc. Ensuring the quality of today
and tomorrow for people with cerebral palsy.
- CPC Centro de Parálisis Cerebral (Argentina).
- Scope The UK's national disability organisation whose focus is people with cerebral
- ACPIC American Cerebral Palsy Information Center.
- CPA Canada Cerebral Palsy Association Canada.
- United Cerebral Palsy Their mission is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship
of people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
- Childrens Hemiplegia and Stroke Association Dealing with pediatric stroke and its complications including hemiplegia.
Online support, local support groups, yearly family retreats.
- HEMI-GLIDE Upper extremity exercise device specifically designed to maximize arm function
- The Internet Stroke Center Stroke Information for Patients and Health Professionals (Washington University
School of Medicine).
- Stroke Information Directory Stroke resources - including news reports, therapy articles, trial notices,
drug information, clinical guidelines, and sources of support.
- National Stroke Association National Stroke Association's mission is to reduce the incidence and impact
of stroke by changing the way stroke is viewed and treated.
- Pediatric Stroke Network The goal of this site is to bring together parents and families of pediatric
stroke survivors from around the world.
- The Stroke Association The Stroke Association provides practical support for people who have had
strokes, their families and carers.
- CSP The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- APTA The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) is a national professional
organization representing nearly 70,000 members. Its goal is to foster
advancements in physical therapy practice, research, and education.
- The MediContact Organization Website This site will be available in english in a few weeks, the inauguration
will be on June 1st, 2003. This site is already available in french and
offers, for all medical domains, plenty of informations, contact tools,
help for therapy, ... It of course have forums, chat rooms, ICQ based communication
tool, and many other tools, for patients as well as professionnals !
- The Bambach Saddle Seat (Europe) Ltd. The Bambach Saddle Seat is shaped like a saddle to enable the body to maintain
ideal posture when sitting, that is, it supports the pelvis in its neutral
position which allows natural spinal curves.
- About Physical Therapy About Physical Therapy is a comprehensive web rehabilitation resource for
physical therapists and rehab consumers.
- Ukhospitals ukhospitals is an information resource for health professionals. It aims
to promote the work of therapists and help to facilitate the sharing of
- Disabilityworld Disability Website - Massive Links, Useful contacts, Adapted Holiday Accommodation.
- Special kids in the UK This is an email based support group for parents in the UK with special
needs children. It offers support from other parents a place to share info,
and make friends.
- Conductive Education Conductive Education is a form of special education and rehabilitation
for children and adults with motor disorders.
- Hemi-Kids The Hemi-Kids Foundation is a non-profit corporation which offers support
and information for families of children who have hemiplegia or hemiparesis
due to pediatric stroke or other causes.